An update on the current COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Ningana.
18th January 2024
COVID-19 Update | SwanCare Ningana
We would like to provide you with an update on the current COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Ningana. Routine testing today has confirmed one additional resident has tested positive to COVID-19 on Level 3. The affected resident’s family have been notified directly and the resident is being well taken care of in their room. Three staff members have also tested positive to COVID-19 and are isolating at home. We are pleased to advise that two residents have made a full recovery since our last update, bringing our current total to seven active cases.
It is, however, with great sadness to report that one of our residents has since passed away during this outbreak. SwanCare wishes to convey our sincere sympathies to the family and friends of this much-loved resident.
Residents at SwanCare Ningana are continuing to be closely monitored for symptoms and tested every 72 hours as required. Increased infection control measures also remain in place across Level 3 as we continue to minimise risk and mitigate further spread.
SwanCare Ningana Level 3 remains closed to all visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for end of life and partners in care. All staff and approved visitors are required to wear a N95 mask when entering Level 3 and must complete a RAT prior to entry.
All other levels at SwanCare Ningana will remain open to visitors; however, all visitors are required to wear a surgical mask and must also complete a RAT prior to entry. Both resources can be obtained from reception.
Please be reminded all visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Complete RAT prior to entry.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
Thank you for your understanding, and we will continue to provide further updates where appropriate.
All up to date information can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.