As a retirement and residential aged care organisation, the health and wellbeing of our residents is at the absolute forefront of our operations at SwanCare. We understand that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is highly transmissible and is a cause of concern for those with certain vulnerabilities, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions.
SwanCare follows the advice of the WA Government and acts under the guidance of the WA Department of Health.
Residential Aged Care Centre Guidance and Updates
Influenza season is now upon us, while COVID-19 remains prevalent within our community and is likely to do so for quite some time. This is why we must remain responsible and do all we can to protect residents in our care.
As an organisation, the health and wellbeing of SwanCare residents, staff and families is our priority. In response to the Government of Western Australia’s recent announcement, surgical masks are a requirement when visiting SwanCare residential aged care centres due to their high-risk setting. Masks can be collected from all SwanCare reception areas.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to stay up to date with influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations as these offer an added level of protection for our vulnerable residents. We also encourage all visitors to complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) prior to entry, with RATs available from each care centres reception upon request.
SwanCare will also implement increased infection control measures during times of viral outbreak, such as COVID-19 and influenza. These changes will be communicated to resident representatives in a timely manner.
Currently, all visitors are required to adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening, including temperature check, and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Completion of a RAT prior to entry is strongly recommended.
- Masks are required both indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to stay up to date with Influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell for any reason.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- COVID-19 close contacts are asked to provide a negative RAT upon arrival and wear a P2/N95 mask both indoors and outdoors.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
Retirement Living Guidance and Updates
SwanCare would like to remind everyone that we all have a shared responsibility to ensure communal areas are kept hygienic and ask for all residents to make their own risk assessments when participating in group and club activities. Masks are encouraged with hand sanitiser available in all communal areas.
If you feel unwell, have symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently tested positive, please self-monitor for symptoms and get tested.