All affected residents and staff have fully recovered and completed their isolation period; therefore, we can declare the COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Kingia as resolved.
15 Decemeber 2023
COVID-19 Outbreak Update: SwanCare Kingia
We are pleased to advise that no further positive cases of COVID-19 have been detected at SwanCare Kingia. All affected residents and staff have fully recovered and completed their isolation period; therefore, we can declare the COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Kingia as resolved.
It is with great sadness to report that one of our residents has since passed away during this outbreak. SwanCare wishes to convey our sincere sympathies to the family and friends of this much-loved resident.
All affected areas have undergone deep cleaning and SwanCare Kingia is now open to visitors.
All social engagement activities, group dining, admissions, hairdressing, and physiotherapy sessions will also resume as per usual.
To prevent reinfection and maintain the health and safety of our residents and staff, all visitors are required to respect the increased infection control measures in place. These measures include completing a RAT prior to entry and wearing a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
All visitors are reminded to adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Complete RAT prior to entry.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
Your support and compliance go a long way in ensuring we can effectively manage these situations. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation as we managed this outbreak.
All up to date information can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.