Please be advised that SwanCare Ningana is currently experiencing viral infections across the Ground Floor & Level 2.
11th September 2023
Viral Infections Update: SwanCare Ningana
Please be advised that SwanCare Ningana is currently experiencing viral infections across the Ground Floor & Level 2. One resident on Ground Floor has tested positive to COVID-19, and four residents on Level 2 are currently affected by Rhinovirus. A Rhinovirus outbreak has been declared at SwanCare Ningana Level 2.
All residents are being closely monitored, tested as required, and are being well taken care of with families notified directly of any positive results.
We are taking every precaution to minimise risk and mitigate further spread. We continue to follow increased infection control protocols including restricting movement across Level 2. Affected residents are being provided 1:1 physiotherapy and social engagement activities, meal tray service to their rooms, and with hairdressing temporarily ceased until further notice.
SwanCare Ningana Level 2 is closed to all visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for end of life and partners in care. All staff and approved visitors are required to wear a surgical mask when entering Level 2. SwanCare Ningana Ground Floor will remain open to visitors; however, all visitors are required to wear a N95 mask. Masks can be obtained from reception.
In addition, all visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily
Thank you for your support as we manage this situation. Updates will continue to be provided where appropriate.
All up-to-date communications can be found at http://www.swancare.com.au/covid-19-updates