Update on the COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Waminda on Level 4.
20th December 2022
COVID-19 Update: SwanCare Waminda
We wish to provide you with an update on the COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Waminda. We are pleased to advise the affected residents on Level 4 has made a full recovery, with no new cases detected. SwanCare Waminda is currently undergoing deep cleaning to maintain the health and safety of residents and staff.
As a result, Level 4 will reopen for visitors from today, Tuesday December 20th. All other levels are to remain open. We would like to remind everyone that visiting hours are 9:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm Monday to Sunday.
We are continuing to take all necessary precautions to minimise risk and avoid reinfection. As such, we strongly encourage all visitors to complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) prior to entry. RAT tests are available at SwanCare Waminda reception upon request. In addition, we ask you to adhere to the below requirements:
- Provide proof of current influenza and COVID-19 (2 doses) vaccinations prior to entry
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Wear masks indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time
All actions have been implemented under the guidance of the Department of Health.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we worked to resolve this outbreak, and we will continue to provide updates where appropriate.
All up-to-date communications can be found at http://www.swancare.com.au/covid-19-updates