We wish to provide an update on the COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Waminda.
15th December 2022
COVID-19 Update at SwanCare Waminda
We wish to provide you with an update on the COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Waminda.
We now have a total of three residents and seven staff members who have been affected during this outbreak. Since our last update, two residents have fully recovered with one resident still recovering on Level 4. Four staff members have fully recovered and returned to work with the remaining 3 staff members still recovering at home.
As no further COVID-19 infections have been detected on Level 1, visitations to Level 1 can resume, therefore Ground Floor, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 are open for visitors. Level 4 will remain closed to visitors until further notice however, exemptions can be made for end of life and partners in care. Telephonic and video communications with your loved ones can be arranged by contacting SwanCare Waminda during reception hours.
We are taking every precaution to minimise risk and avoid further spread. With the increase of infections in our community, we remind you that all visitors are required to complete a RAT prior to entry, in addition to adhering to the below requirements:
- Provide proof of current influenza and COVID-19 (2 doses) vaccinations prior to entry
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Wear masks indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time
- Visiting hours are 9am-12pm & 2pm-5pm daily
All actions have been implemented under the guidance of the Department of Health.
We appreciate your ongoing cooperation and understanding. We will continue to provide updates where appropriate.
All up-to-date communications can be found at http://www.swancare.com.au/covid-19-updates