We need to advise that routine testing has confirmed a further two residents are positive with COVID-19 on Level 3 at SwanCare Ningana.
12th January 2024
COVID-19 Outbreak Update | SwanCare Ningana
I need to advise that routine testing has confirmed a further two residents are positive with COVID-19 on Level 3 at SwanCare Ningana. The residents’ families have been notified directly and the residents are being well taken care of in their rooms. We now have a current total of four affected residents.
Routine Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) for residents at SwanCare Ningana will continue every 72 hours.
We will continue to do all we can to minimise further spread which includes increasing our infection control measures across Level 3. Hairdressing services have ceased temporarily, physiotherapy and social engagement activities have been modified to 1:1, and meal tray service has been arranged for residents within their rooms across the affected area while we continue to assess and manage this outbreak.
SwanCare Ningana Level 3 remains closed to all visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for end of life and partners in care.
All staff and approved visitors are required to wear a N95 mask when entering Level 3 and must complete a RAT prior to entry.
All other levels at SwanCare Ningana will remain open to visitors; however, all visitors are required to wear a surgical mask and must also complete a RAT prior to entry. Both resources can be obtained from reception.
Please be reminded all visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Complete RAT prior to entry.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation at this time. We will continue to provide further updates as appropriate.
All up to date information can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.