We need to advise an update on the current COVID-19 situation at SwanCare Ningana.
16th January 2024
COVID-19 Outbreak Update | SwanCare Ningana
We need to advise an update on the current COVID-19 situation at SwanCare Ningana. Since our last update, we have had a total of nine residents on Level 3 test positive to COVID-19. The residents’ families have been notified directly and the residents are being well taken care of in their rooms.
Residents at SwanCare Ningana are continuing to be closely monitored for symptoms and tested every 72 hours as required. Increased infection control measures also remain in place across Level 3 as we continue to minimise risk and mitigate further spread.
SwanCare Ningana Level 3 remains closed to all visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for end of life and partners in care.
All staff and approved visitors are required to wear a N95 mask when entering Level 3 and must complete a RAT prior to entry.
All other levels at SwanCare Ningana will remain open to visitors; however, all visitors are required to wear a surgical mask and must also complete a RAT prior to entry. Both resources can be obtained from reception.
Please be reminded all visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Complete RAT prior to entry.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
All up to date information can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.