COVID-19 Update for SwanCare Kingia and Tandara advises of increase in positive cases.
19th October 2023
COVID-19 Update for SwanCare Kingia and Tandara
Please be advised that we have had an increase in COVID-19 cases at SwanCare Kingia Level 2, Tandara Level 1 and Level 2. A total of 30 residents across both care centres have returned positive results and one resident remains in hospital. In addition, 17 staff have also tested positive for COVID-19 since the start of this outbreak.
The families of all affected residents have been notified directly and these residents are being well taken care of in their rooms. All affected residents will be provided with meal tray service and 1:1 activities in their rooms. Affected staff are all recovering at home.
Routine Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) at SwanCare Kingia and Tandara will continue every 72 hours for both residents and staff. Increased infection control measures have been implemented and movements have been restricted across the affected levels and temporarily ceasing hairdressing services.
While SwanCare Kingia Ground Floor remains COVID-19 free and can continue with usual services and visitations, we do ask that visitors refrain from attending while we manage this current outbreak if possible.
Visitations for partners in care and visitors providing support to residents receiving end of life care can continue however visitors are required to abide by the increased infection control measures.
Arrangements for telephonic and video communications with your loved ones can be made by contacting SwanCare Kingia or Tandara reception to schedule a time.
It is a requirement that anyone entering SwanCare Kingia and SwanCare Tandara completes a RAT prior to entry and wears a mask at all times. These resources are available at reception.
All visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Wearing of masks and completion of RAT prior to entry
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily
Thank you for your support as we manage this outbreak.
All updates can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.