A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at SwanCare Ningana Level 3.
COVID-19 Outbreak | SwanCare Ningana
Unfortunately, we need to inform you that two residents on Level 3 at SwanCare Ningana have returned positive results for COVID-19. The residents’ families have been notified directly and the residents are being well taken care of in their rooms. As such, a COVID-19 outbreak has been declared for Level 3.
All residents are being closely monitored for symptoms and will be tested as required. We have increased our infection control protocols and will now temporarily cease hairdressing services. Physiotherapy and social engagement activities are being modified to 1:1, and meal tray service has been arranged for residents within their rooms across the affected area while we continue to assess and manage the outbreak.
As a result, SwanCare Ningana Level 3 will now be closed to all visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for end of life and partners in care.
All staff and approved visitors are required to wear a N95 mask when entering Level 3 and must complete a RAT prior to entry.
All other levels at SwanCare Ningana will remain open to visitors; however, all visitors are required to wear a surgical mask and must also complete a RAT prior to entry. Both resources can be obtained from reception.
Please be reminded all visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Complete RAT prior to entry.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
We would like to thank you for your understanding and cooperation once again.
All up to date information can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.