COVID-19 Outbreak has been declared at SwanCare Ningana.
18th April 2023
COVID-19 Outbreak has been declared at SwanCare Ningana
We need to advise we have confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 at SwanCare Ningana. One resident on Level 1, one resident on Level 3 and one staff member have been affected. The affected residents’ families have been notified and these residents are being well taken care of in their rooms. All other residents on Level 1 and Level 3 have returned a negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result, however routine testing will continue to be conducted every 72 hours. As such, a COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at SwanCare Ningana.
We are taking every precaution to minimise risk and mitigate further spread. We have immediately increased infection control protocols, restricted movement across Level 1 and Level 3 including ceasing hairdressing and are providing meal tray services for affected residents. 1:1 interventions and small groups are permitted in all levels.
SwanCare Ningana Level 1 and Level 3 will close to visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for essential visits, end of life and partners in care. Please contact the Care Services Manager or Clinical Nurse Manager if you need a visitation exemption for Level 1 or Level 3. Telephonic and video communications with your loved ones can be arranged by contacting SwanCare Ningana during reception hours to schedule a time.
SwanCare Ningana Ground Floor and Level 2 will remain open however all visitors and staff are required to complete a RAT test prior to entry and must ensure a N95 mask is worn appropriately. Full PPE is required for affected residents only.
- All visitors to SwanCare Ningana are required to follow the below requirements:
- Complete and provide evidence of a negative RAT prior to entry
- Provide proof of current influenza and COVID-19 (min 2 doses) vaccinations prior to entry
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Masks must be appropriately worn indoors and outdoors
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time
All actions have been implemented under the guidance of the Department of Health.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we managed this outbreak.
All up-to-date communications can be found at http://www.swancare.com.au/covid-19-updates