COVID-19 Outbreak Declared at SwanCare Tandara with seven residents affected on Level 1.
13th October 2023
COVID-19 Outbreak Declared at SwanCare Tandara
Please be advised that seven residents at SwanCare Tandara level 1, and two visitors, have returned positive COVID-19 results. The families of all affected residents have been notified directly and these residents are being well taken care of in their rooms. All affected residents will be provided with meal tray service and 1:1 activities in their rooms.
As such, a COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at SwanCare Tandara Level 1.
All residents across both level 1 and level 2 have undergone a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), with all other residents currently returning negative results. Routine testing will continue for both residents and staff as required.
We are taking every precaution to minimise risk and mitigate further spread. This includes the implementation of increase infection control and restricting movements across both level 1 and level 2 and temporarily ceasing hairdressing services.
We ask that visitors refrain from attending while we manage this current outbreak if possible. Visitations for partners in care and visitors providing support to residents receiving end of life care can continue with increased infection control measure. Arrangements for telephonic and video communications with your loved ones can be made by contacting reception to schedule a time.
Anyone entering SwanCare Tandara are now required to wear N95 mask and to complete RAT prior to entry. These resources are available at reception.
All visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Wearing of N95 mask and completion of RAT prior to entry
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily
Thank you for your support as we manage this outbreak.
All updates can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.