We would like to provide you with an update on the current COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Ningana.
24th January 2024
COVID-19 Outbreak Update | SwanCare Ningana
We would like to provide you with an update on the current COVID-19 outbreak at SwanCare Ningana. We have one remaining affected resident on Level 3 who is still undergoing recovery and is being well taken care of in their room. We also have one affected staff member who is isolating at home until they make a full recovery and can return to work. However, we are pleased to share routine testing today has detected zero further COVID-19 cases for either residents or staff.
We are taking every precaution to minimise chances of reinfection, as such, our increased infection control protocols remain in place across Level 3 as we continue to assess the current situation.
SwanCare Ningana Level 3 remains closed to all visitors, with visitation exemptions made for end of life and partners in care. All staff and approved visitors are required to wear a N95 mask when entering Level 3 and must complete a RAT prior to entry.
All other levels at SwanCare Ningana will remain open to visitors; however, all visitors are required to wear a surgical mask and must also complete a RAT prior to entry. Both resources can be obtained from reception.
Please be reminded all visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Complete RAT prior to entry.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
Thank you for your understanding, and I will continue to provide further updates where appropriate.
All up to date information can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.