COVID-19 Update for SwanCare Kingia & Tandara.
16th October 2023
COVID-19 Update for SwanCare Kingia & Tandara
Please be advised that 15 residents at SwanCare Tandara Level 1 and two residents on Level 2 have tested positive for COVID-19, with one resident transferred to hospital for additional support. One resident at SwanCare Kingia Level 2 has also returned a positive result. The families of all affected residents have been notified directly and these residents are being well taken care of in their rooms. All affected residents will be provided with meal tray service and 1:1 activities in their rooms. Ten staff members have returned a positive COVID-19 result and are all recovering at home.
Residents at SwanCare Kingia and Tandara have undergone a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) with routine testing to continue every 72 hours for both residents and staff as required.
We are continuing to take every precaution to minimise risk and mitigate further spread. This includes the implementation of increased infection control measures, restricting movements across the affected levels and temporarily ceasing hairdressing services.
We ask that visitors refrain from attending while we manage this current outbreak if possible. Visitations for partners in care and visitors providing support to residents receiving end of life care can continue with increased infection control measures. Arrangements for telephonic and video communications with your loved ones can be made by contacting SwanCare Kingia or Tandara reception to schedule a time.
Anyone entering SwanCare Kingia and Tandara are now required to wear a mask and to complete RAT prior to entry. These resources are available at reception.
All visitors must adhere to the current health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Wearing of masks and completion of RAT prior to entry
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily
Thank you for your ongoing support as we manage this outbreak,
All updates can be found at COVID-19 Updates | SwanCare.