A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared on the Ground Floor of SwanCare Kingia, with three residents returning positive results.
3rd December 2023
COVID-19 Outbreak Declared on Ground Floor at SwanCare Kingia
Unfortunately, we need to advise that three residents on the Ground Floor at SwanCare Kingia have returned positive results for COVID-19. The families of the affected residents have been notified directly and the affected residents are being well taken care of in their rooms while they recover. As a result, a COVID-19 outbreak has been declared for Kingia Ground Floor.
While this outbreak is not welcome news, the increase of COVID-19 within the community has made it difficult to avoid. We will do all we can to minimise further spread which includes immediately increasing our infection control measures. All residents at SwanCare Kingia will be closely monitored for symptoms and will be tested as required.
Hairdressing services for residents on the ground floor will cease temporarily, physiotherapy and social engagement activities have been modified to 1:1 and meal tray service has been arranged for residents within their rooms across the affected floor while we manage this outbreak.
SwanCare Kingia Ground Floor is now closed to visitors until further notice. Visitation exemptions will be made for end of life and partners in care. All staff and approved visitors are required to complete a RAT prior to entry and wear an N95 mask as well as follow all additional infection control protocols when entering Kingia.
Visitations to Kingia Level 1 can continue, however due to the highly infectious nature of this virus, and to allow us to best manage this situation, we do request that visits to Level 1 be limited where possible to assist us in minimising further spread. Arrangements for telephonic and video communications can be made by contacting Kingia during reception hours to schedule a time.
All visitors are required to respect the increased infection control measures in place and are reminded of the health and safety measures as detailed below:
- Complete health screening and sign in using visitor kiosk upon arrival.
- Completion of RAT prior to entry
- Wearing an N95 mask indoors and outdoors within residential aged care centre grounds
- Current influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations prior to entry is encouraged.
- Respect all infection prevention and control (IPC) measures in place.
- Refrain from visiting if unwell or if you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- If COVID-19 positive, refrain from visiting for at least 7 days and until symptom free.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time, from 9am – 12pm and 2pm – 5pm daily.
Updates will be provided as appropriate.