SwanCare Bentley Park continues to evolve as the Leisure Precinct and SwanCare Ningana take shape.
The Village Grocery Store and Hair on Swan hairdresser & beauty salon has moved to Adie Court. The new amenities complement Sophia's Cafe, the Akora piazza space and dual bus stops to create a new bustling "main street" for Bentley Park.
The old grocery store building has been handed over to the builders for refurbishment to create a new cultural centre.
All spaces are now reopened at Waminda and all activities operating within their final locations.
The Waminda kitchen refurbishment will occur early 2019.
Outside, the new garden space will complement the new Ranyard lounge and will be completed once reticulation is restored.
Things are moving swiftly! The new multilevel carpark – situated where the maintenance shed once was - is on schedule. Footing has been poured and set and on its way skyward.
- The fire ring main works are almost complete within the Phillips, Pugh and Lindsey sections. Reinstatement works to landscaping will now take place.
- Fire ring main works will continue along Adie Court and in to Bollig Gardens.
- The area outside of the ex-Stratton Centre building and beside the old grocery store is now closed until further notice to allow ramp construction to new leisure building.
- The Lentz to Adie Court footpath will be closed from 7th January 2019 until approximately 12th April 2019 to construct a portion of the new Boulevard, Sound Pavilion, install a new Substation and new Adie Court Carpark. Following this, the completed Boulevard will reopen. Lentz parking will remain mostly unaffected.
- Due to the closure of Lentz to Adie Footpath, a new footpath has been constructed behind the old grocery store through to Bollig Gardens. Existing footpaths have been widened through Bollig Gardens to allow for the safe travel of the buggies and pedestrians. The diversion will be in effect from 7am on the 7th January 2019.
SwanCare Ningana is on schedule. The excavation for the basement is complete with concrete footings, slab and columns now being poured.
For more information on developments, SwanCare residents can tune into SwanCare TV on channel 101. Live construction works can also be viewed on Construction TV – see channel 102.